- Studies have shown that female participants experienced increased positive-stimulated mood and reduced negative mood after exposure to male axillary extracts or purified androstadienone.
- The effects of the pheromone were dependent on its dose, pre-exposure mood, and a pain stimulus.
- Women also felt more focused (physically aroused) after exposure to it which could potentially be important for their sexuality.
- Androstadienone was found to enhance sexual arousal induced by an erotic video as well as activate biological parameters compatible with physical arousal such as cooling hand palms and increased digit skin conductance levels among others.
- However, these effects depend upon the socio-experimental context in which they are applied
Pheromones are substances released by organisms that influence the behavior or physiology of other organisms from the same species, usually as part of mate selection or recognition processes in various animals and insects, while in humans they are believed to play a role in interpersonal attraction and communication among other factors. One such pheromone is androstadienone, a derivative of testosterone found in male sweat which can affect female physiology and behavior. Thus, this blog post will look into the effects that exposure to this particular pheromone has on women and how these effects can vary depending on the context in which they are applied.
Effects of Exposure to Androstadienone:
Studies conducted with female participants have shown that exposure to male axillary extracts or purified androstadienone resulted in increased positive-stimulated moods as well as a reduction in negative moods. It was also found that women experienced an overall feeling of focus or physical arousal after being exposed to it, potentially making it important for their sexuality. Additionally, research indicates that exposure to this pheromone enhanced sexual arousal induced by an erotic video, activating biological parameters compatible with physical arousal such as cooling hand palms and increased digit skin conductance levels among others.
Contextual Dependency Of Effects
While there certainly seem to be clear benefits associated with being exposed to this particular compound, these potential benefits may depend upon specific aspects related to its application such as its dose levels, pre-exposure mood, and pain stimulus. Therefore, based on current evidence it is difficult to draw general conclusions about its overall effectiveness without considering its situational context first.
In conclusion, studies have explored how exposure to male axillary extracts or purified androstadienone could produce certain physiological results among female participants including improved mood states, feelings of focus/physical arousal, as well as enhanced sexual responsiveness when exposed through an erotic video clip among others; however, it may be necessary to consider contextual factors such as dose levels, pre-exposure moods, and pain stimuli when examining its long-term effects so further research need to be conducted before drawing any firm conclusions concerning its power over human behavior or physiology